Prettier Than Pink in the US!!

Fronted by singer/songwriter/guitarist Lei Bautista, Prettier Than Pink was the most successful all-female band in the Philippines. Now resurrected in the U.S. with Bautista and a new line-up, Prettier Than Pink is bringing girl power to the neo-New Wave movement. www.prettierthanpink.com

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Happenings continued - Brief Review of U2

This is longggggg overdue hahaha! Pam, Doe, Ann and I made it to the U2 concert not on my bday (nov 1) but on Pam's (nov 9). I had to get a rental and drive 5 hours to SFO with the kids just to catch U2 at the Oakland Arena. Dang was it worth every second! Because of the many 'kapalpakans' and not being able to watch the LA show, I was so skeptical and doubtful that I would be able to them for real. But once my ticket was checked and my bag was lightly searched, I was in the stadium!!! I started jumping up and down and screaming with joy! My struggle to see them was fini!

Dang, our seats were great! We were at a disability box worth $160 each. We didnt have to squeeze in with everyone else. We had so much room to move around! Bono was so close, I swear he was looking at me several times! (obviously, that just me) hahahaha They had a circular stage and a circualar ramp, much like a target and bullseye. It was donned with dancing and flickering lights all around. It was just amazing! When they started playing, I for sure had a few tears in my eyes. The feeling was pure elation!! They were all great! The lights display, the big screens, the crusade to irradicate poverty, bono's presence on stage, the tight band. Everything was perfect! What more can I say. A LOT! But this blog will be 10 times longer! Thanks to Bono's publicist, Kate for getting us tickets! Of course thanks to Mikey for working on them. That was the best bday gift Pam and I have received! Im sure there will be more great experiences to write about!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home